Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The beginning of the playhouse

Call me crazy, but I have been wanting to get Kinsley a playhouse for a long time now. My plan was to get it for her 2nd or 3rd birthday. I totally get that she might be a little young at 2, but I have already made up my mind that she was getting one, so why not get it sooner that way she gets an extra year of enjoyment. Although I didn't have a playhouse when I was little, my Aunt and Uncle had one for my cousins. I also spent a great deal of time at their house and remember always playing in the playhouse. A lot!

So I have been searching and researching for the last 6 months or more. I have found multiple different ways to go about getting a playhouse for Kinsley. Keith and I finally made a decision to order a playhouse kit that already comes precut and with all the hardware. This way Keith could still build his princess her castle but without having to deal with the stress of building it from scratch and the extra money spent on tools we don't have. 

The good news is the house is coming together fast and easy (we only got it yesterday). The bad news (although it's not really bad news) is that her birthday is not for another 2 months and her present will be built by the end of the week. When it is done, I will still have to paint it and decorate it. I have already thought up some interior and exterior ideas and I can't wait to get started. 

I do want to say I am super proud and impressed with Keith! He did a great deal of this on his own, and although they make it pretty easy, it's hard to do it as a one man show! I know Kinsley is going to love it... hopefully as much as I do! 



No comments: