Monday, March 19, 2012

Yard day

Keith, Kinsley and I had a very productive Sunday. We were up at 7:30 and go go go for the rest of the day. It was a great day. Any time you can spend time as a family and get your to-do list done, it's a great day. We went grocery shopping, cleaned house, washed both cars inside and out, washed both dogs and their beds and did the rest of the laundry in between. Then it was lunch time and after Kinsley went down for a nap. While Kinsley was napping Keith and I did a bunch of yard work. After she woke up she came out and helped us with the rest of the yard work. After we were done with all the cleanup I went inside and starting making the Friendship Bread that was given to us by our neighbor. Keith started on dinner and by the time we were done we were exhausted. It was a nice surprise when Mr. and Mrs. Potter stopped by after dinner. We even got to enjoy all our hard work in our courtyard.

Also, Friday was the official start to our addition. Although it will probably be about 2-3 months before they start building, I paid my first fee and signed the paperwork. We have to wait for the city to approve of us building before we can begin. So here is what our yard looks like now and I will kinda give you an idea of what we will be doing.

This tree will be gone... soon! This is Keith's chore that he probably isn't so excited about:


The addition will be approximately 400 sq ft that will be built on to the back of the detached garage. This picture shows you the back of the garage.


This is what the back looks like now. It's an eye sore. Those tool sheds will be gone and replaced with one tool shed that will be built as apart of the addition.


This corner will one day (hopefully sooner than later) have Kinsley's play house and garden. My plan is to put the play house in the middle and have a small garden on either side and surround it by a white picket fence. I'm not sure that I have Keith completly on board yet, but I am determined to give Kinsley a play house. I remember when I was little my aunt had a play house on her property and I played in it with my cousins for the longest time. I want Kinsley to have those memories too.


Last weekend Keith and I did some work in the front yard. This is what it looks like now:



Here are a few of the flowers we planted this weekend:


This is one of my favorites:


This is our new lemon tree:


We also planted some flowers in between the steps up to the deck:


Kinsley took a little break and went for a swing while Maverick laid close to her:



Most of the pots and accessories were left by the previous owners. This was one of them:


As well as this one:


Here is the view from the top of our stairs outside our sunroom/den:




Keith and I have big plans for our backyard, and this is just the start. Once the addition is done (apx 6-7 months) we will finish planting and landscaping. I am sure I will provided plenty of updates along the way until it is done (if it is ever really done).

No comments: