Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Treats

I made some Easter treats for Kinsley's friends at school and I also put one in my Easter buckets for her friends and family. My co-worker also asked if I would make some for her and her family (which I did).

To make the carrots I brought disposable cake decorating bags (12 inch). I filled them approximately 3/4th fill with goldfish crackers and tied a green ribbon around it. It's as simple as that.


I wanted a unique way to present my carrots and I came up with the idea of the carrots being in the ground so the kids would have to pull them out so to say.

So, I got a shoe box and measured and cut 2 inch holes. I used a circle cutter to make a perfect circle.



Once all my circles were cut, it looked like this:


To see what it was going to look like, I put the lid back on and put a carrot in one of the holes. Being that I was happy with it, I wrapped the entire shoe box with brown paper. After I wrapped the lid, I turned it upside down and used an X-acto knife to cut out the brown paper that covered my holes.


Once I was done, I put all my carrots in the holes and added a sign and a bunny rabbit for effect. The one below is the one I did for my co-worker.






This is the one I did for Kinsley's school. My boxes were smaller so I had to break them up into two boxes.




I slit a hole in the box and put the sign in the hole and added flowers around the sign.




Originally I was going to paint over the sign and write "get your carrots before the bunny does", but I ran out of time and thought it was cute as is. Instead I added a sign in front.

No comments: